Thursday, January 22, 2009

Engaging God's World - Plantinga (Redemption)

I found nothing new in this chapter (as in 'i've heard all before' ::sigh::) but it was much needed. It's funny how we can we hear something over and over and not let it really touch our souls. 

“We are free to lean on God with all our weight, giving ourselves over to a prayerful and joyful life marked by a quiet conscience and fullness of faith."

I try so many times to rely on myself. And I always end up an emotional and spiritual deprived mess at the end of the week. And I say; "I don't get it, I didn't do anything wrong." But in reality I did, I relied on my strengths. 

Paulo reminded me of this verse this morning

:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; 6 think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths

-Proverbs 3: 5-6

My mom sent me this verse while I was in Yellowstone after my boyfriend and I broke up. It really helped me a lot because there were so many questions in my mind of "what do I do?" I listened to everybody's opinion but God's. And I got this verse and it was so refreshing. I like it because it is strait forward. "Think about Him in all your ways." 

And then Plantinga said to have a quiet conscience. I liked this too, he puts it so gently to say a life marked by a quiet conscience. In every situation we know what is right and wrong, and our conscience tells us what to do. But we should already know what is right or wrong, and if we don't then we need to pray to God for guidance. We need to quiet our conscience and do what is right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment